Rural England Prosperity Fund
The Rural England Prosperity Fund (‘the Rural Fund’), part of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, aims to support economic growth through grant support to small businesses with up to 50 employees located in or looking to undertake a capital investment project in eligible rural areas of West Yorkshire.
The fund consists of three themes:
- Business Development - Support for eligible businesses with investment in capital equipment (including new technologies) and improvements to buildings/premises to facilitate expansion, improve productivity, bring new products to market, create and/or safeguard jobs.
- Food Processing - As above, but restricted to food processing businesses/organisations, including farming businesses, where there is no duplication with other sources of public sector support, for example Defra.
- Tourism - Visitor Economy - Supports development of tourist attractions and infrastructure to increase the range of attractions available within a locality, which in turn will encourage tourists/visitors to stay longer, increase spend and extend the tourism period beyond April to October.
Only projects taking place in locations defined as Rural will be considered.
The quickest way to confirm whether your project is in a Rural location is to check whether the postcode falls within an eligible rural area on this map.
If you are unsure of whether your project location is eligible, if it falls within multiple postcodes, or if the postcode is not yet known, contact a member of the Rural Fund team for further details.
Grant support of between £10,000 and £50,000 is available for eligible projects at intervention rates ranging from 40% to 100%, depending on the nature of the proposed project as detailed below.
|Type of project
|Maximum % contribution
|Minimum project cost
Commercial, profit-making projects (including investment in capital equipment, buildings, and tourist attractions)
|40% (up to)
Generates some income to offset costs but is not intended to make a profit (for example small buildings providing tourist information)
|80% (up to)
Generates no income (for example free tourist attractions, landmarks, and nature-based solutions)
|100% (up to)
Am I eligible?
Your business/organisation/group must:
- Be based in an eligible rural area within West Yorkshire, or the proposed investment/project will take place in an eligible rural area.
- Be an existing or proposed new start business.
- Have less than 50 employees.
- Have access to match funding to fund the balance of project costs (where applicable).
Your project must:
- Be located in an eligible rural area of West Yorkshire.
- Align with one of the three themes outlined above.
- Consist of capital investment in new technologies/equipment and/or construction, fit out and refurbishment of premises.
- Outline how it will contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- Create new jobs.
- Safeguard existing jobs.
- Support growth.
- Improve productivity.
- Bring new technologies and/or new processes to the business.
- Increase export capability.
- Lead to the creation of a new business.
- Lead to diversification away from and reliance on traditional farming activities (where applicable).
- Increase the number of visitor experiences within a locality.