Start-Up West Yorkshire
Do you want to start a business or are you running a business that’s been actively trading for up to three years? Start-Up West Yorkshire is a programme providing business support for people in living or starting a business in West Yorkshire.
Start Up West Yorkshire
Got a business idea or have you been running a business for up to three years?
Start-Up West Yorkshire is a FULLY FUNDED programme that gives you access to:
- A diagnostic of your business/business idea
- Dedicated support throughout your time on the programme & up to September 2024
- One-to-one specialist support, delivered by business experts
- Workshops and webinars on key business topics & specialist sessions to meet your specific business needs
- Events and networking opportunities
What support is available?
- Working directly with an experienced Business Adviser who will support you through a personalised action plan to launch and build a sustainable business.
- Access to over 12 hours of webinars – covering topics such as bookkeeping, promoting your business, planning for growth, sustainability and much more.
- 3 hours of intensive 1-2-1 coaching on specialist business topics, such as social media, websites, legal and accounting, delivered by experts in their field.
Jumpstart Your Planning
Have a business idea or recently started your own business? This session will help show you what to focus on, to achieve both short and long-term goals.
Keeping a track of the cash coming in and out is critical to running a successful business. Improve your confidence, knowledge and skills in bookkeeping with this easy-to-understand webinar. We’ll take a look at different bookkeeping systems and show you how to complete your tax returns and self-assessments.
Promoting Your Business Online
Find out how to leverage social media to ensure you’re reaching the right people at the right time, and getting your message out there. We’ll show you how to use both organic and paid social media campaigns to grow your audience and see real results.
Sales and Negotiation
Good negotiation skills will help your business grow. Whether securing a new partnership, making a sale, or working with a new supplier, the art of selling is just that, an art, and we’re going to teach you how to perfect it.
You'll also get support with...
Planning your finances, how to plan a website, confidence in business, marketing strategy & planning, planning for growth & profitability, SEO and LinkedIn sessions.
How do I sign up?
To be eligible for Start-Up West Yorkshire, you must be:
- Aged 18 or over
- A resident of, or the business is or will be located in West Yorkshire
- Interested in setting up your own business or have a business less than three-year-old
Start-Up West Yorkshire is delivered by the West Yorkshire Local Authorities through Start Up Manager support, webinars and one to one specialist support delivered by People Plus on behalf of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.